Program Management in Microsoft Project
TPG ProjectLink: Connect Multiple Project Information
TPG ProjectLink allows the sharing of schedules, work and costs between multiple projects. Creating links between important tasks of individual projects creates transparency and improves program controlling.
Benefits of TPG ProjectLink
Multi-project overviews detailing the program’s current status
Transparency of links between tasks across multiple projects
Ability to create project links between different companies
Clear, graphical comparison of your tasks with external tasks
Time saving due to visibility of changes in external projects
Enhanced performance of Microsoft Project Server
Good Overview of Important External Tasks
Project managers use TPG ProjectLink to link external tasks to their own planning in Microsoft Project Server. Users can mirror tasks or link data about existing tasks to their own schedule, enabling them to see at a glance which external tasks have changed and whether they need to make any adjustments to their schedule.
Create Multi-Project Overviews – Quickly and Easily
You can have multi-project overviews – containing information relevant to the management of the project, such as milestones and traffic light status indicators – created and updated automatically (bottom-up). With TPG ProjectLink, tasks can be automatically transferred from these overarching framework projects back into the sub-projects (top-down). This information flow forms the basis of consistent and convenient program management.
Project Managers can easily view other details about linked tasks, which is important for multi-project overviews. Project status information can be displayed by means of traffic light indicators, giving the members of the steering committee important pointers about the state of the project. You can also transfer notes and any user-defined field in Microsoft Project Server.
TPG ProjectLink Key Features
- You can use Windows SharePoint lists and SQL databases as data sources as well as Microsoft Project Server sites
- Configurable field mapping for multiple types of use case
- Innovative task picker function enables you to set up the links (via Microsoft Project Server access permissions)
- You can mirror external tasks in your own schedule and view a preview or update linked information on demand
- TPG ProjectLink also supports resource management between project and line
- Microsoft Project Server 2013
- Microsoft Project Online
- Microsoft Project Server 2010
- Microsoft Project Server 2007